About Me

My photo
I've been an eclectic hedge/kitchen witch for many years now. I first found out about witchcraft from a friend back in middle school and I've been practicing since. I hope to help people along their journey and help me with my own. If anyone has any questions they would like me to answer; leave a comment or e-mail me at catz_r_kool_9@hotmail.com and I'll answer as best as I can in my next blog. Best wishes to all!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crescent Cakes

I love these cookies and they're a great treat - be it for a party or for a ritual (especially for Esbats). Hope you guys like!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup finely ground almonds
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 2 drops almond extract
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 egg yolk
Combine almonds, flour, sugar and extract until thoroughly mixed. With your hands, work in butter and egg yolk until well blended. Chill dough (about 4-5 hours for us, or leave it overnight). Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Pinch off pieces of dough about the size of walnuts and shape into crescents. Place on greased baking sheets (or line sheets with parchment paper) and bake for about 20 mins (until golden).

1 comment:

  1. So happy you tried the recipe ! Now, it's my turn to try yours :)

    ReplyDelete